1. Cookies Notification
2. Privacy & Cookies
As a financial data and service provider, algoseek values your privacy and trust. This Statement explains how algoseek (“algoseek” or “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, handles, stores and protects personal information about you in the context of our services. It also provides information about your rights and about how you can contact us if you have questions about how we handle your information.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which collect and store information when you visit a website ("Site"), use applications, or utilize other offered services. Cookies we use may be stored on your computer or device when you interact with algoseek. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device, secure your access to our Sites and other services, generally.
Cookies can be permanent (also known as persistent cookies) which remain on your computer until they expire or you delete them. Temporary cookies (also known as session cookies) last until you close your browser. Cookies can be first-party cookies (set by the Site which is being visited) or third-party cookies (set by a Site other than the one being visited).
What cookies does algoseek use and what are they used for?
We use first party cookies on our Site (algoseek.com). Any browser used to visit our Site will receive first party cookies. Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit algoseek Site, remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that's in line with your browser settings. Cookies also make your interactions with algoseek faster and more secure. Additionally, cookies allow us to deliver advertising to you both on and off the algoseek Site.
We use four types of cookies: strictly necessary cookies, functionality cookies, performance cookies and advertising cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies enable you to fully experience our services. These cookies make the features and functionalities found on these services available to you. algoseek uses this type of first party cookie to handle user registration and login, and collect information on the pages visited. These cookies also collect information about how visitors use our Site and services, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they receive error messages from web pages. If you register with algoseek Site, your log-in information will be associated with your browsing history through these strictly necessary cookies.
- Functionality cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, country, email settings, or filter settings) and provide enhanced, more personalized features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize, such as:
- Remembering previous choices so that you are not required to fill in the same data again;
- Detecting if a product or service has already been offered/selected;
- Fulfilling a request by you such as submitting a comment;
- Personalizing and providing relevant offerings that may be of more interest to you based on your previous searches and bookings;
- Remembering your settings so that changes can be processed seamlessly.
If you register with algoseek Site, your log in information will be associated with your browsing history as set out above through these functionality cookies.
- Performance cookies collect information about how users interact with our services, for instance what pages are most frequently visited. These cookies do not personally identify individual users and algoseek does not use these cookies to collect information on an individual. The information we collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous and only used to improve how our services work. We use these third party performance cookies to provide statistics on how our services are used and to measure delivery and performance of our campaigns. These cookies help us learn how well our services and plugins perform in different locations. We also use these cookies to understand, improve, and research products, features, and services, including when you access algoseek from other Sites, applications, or devices such as your computer or your mobile device, such as collecting anonymous information on the pages visited. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Sites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from certain pages.
- Cookies that fall into this category include but are not limited to:
You can opt-out of the collection by GA by installing the plugin from tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Other Similar Software: We may use software other than Google Analytics to better understand how customers are using our Site and in managing the performance and design. The information collected via the cookies is anonymous and aggregated.
From time to time, algoseek will use other third parties to assist in evaluating the performance of algoseek Sites and marketing communications.
- Advertising cookies are used to customize the advertising across our Site, making the experience relevant to the visitor. We may use these third party cookies to show you advertising both on and off the algoseek Sites. We may also use these cookies to learn whether someone who saw an ad on algoseek Site later visited and took an action (e.g. downloaded a sample data file or made a purchase) on the advertiser's Site. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie to determine whether we've shown an ad and how it performed, or provide us with information about how you interact with ads. We may also work with a partner to show you an ad on or off algoseek, such as after you've visited a partner's Site or application.
How do I manage and remove cookies?
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings on any of the devices you're using to access our services. You will need to follow the instructions provided by your browser software. If you use algoseek Site without changing your browser settings, you agree to receive all cookies on the algoseek Site. Most browsers also provide functionality that lets you review and erase cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org, or aboutcookies.org.
How to contact algoseek?
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to data protection or this Statement, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact our Privacy Team by filling the “Contact Us” form in our homepage or call us at +1 646 583 1832.
Updates to this statement
This Statement may be subject to updates. Any material future changes or additions to the processing of personal information as described in this Statement affecting you will be communicated to you through an appropriate channel. For example, we may place a prominent notice on our Site or email you to let you know of an updated Statement.